Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yet Another Cycle Hire Update

The 1,000,000 mark has been reached, and the lucky millionth rider is showered with goodies. Disappointingly, it's not a gold-plated Boris Bike; instead a "free five-year subscription to the scheme for himself or herself plus three friends. The rider will also receive £1,000 to spend on cycle accessories at the Bobbin Bicycles boutique". That's a lot of accessories. I wonder if they're allowed to buy a bike?

Meanwhile, the London Assembly Transport Committee (which the BBC can't spell) have been grilling TfL's cycling supremos. Apparently they believe the hire scheme will break even in 3 years. Which would make it not only the greenest, cheapest and quickest way of getting around London, but also the least subsidized. Which in turn begs some rather awkward questions about why cycling is permanently relegated to last place in TfL's road user hierarchy.

The Committee were also due to quiz TfL about the Cycle Superhighways, and I'll blog about that as soon as I get details. And, as you'd expect, I'll give it both barrels.

1 comment:

  1. i won $1,000,000 in the powerball lottery, I took an advice from some person who talked about this great spell caster called Dr Iyaryi the person placed a testimonies on a blog saying how Dr Iyaryi helped him win the lottery by sending him the winning number i was curious and i thought it was all joke not until i contacted this spell caster to know for myself how this work cause i have spend a lot buying tickets and i never win. I contacted him and he told me the necessary thing that need to be done and i did it and he told me to wait for 3days and truly he gave me the winning numbers to play the lottery which i did, Can you believe my name was the first among winners. He told me (my son all i need you to do for me is make sure that you share this testimonies to others so that they can also win the lottery cause i do not have much time to spell on the internet) so that is why i am sharing this testimony with you that if you want to win the lottery this is the way online tips can not help you driayaryi2012@hotmail.com is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

    ReplyDelete